Thank you to all of you to came to our meeting, we now have some firmer plans for 2020 which is exciting, more on that after the announcements.
- We had an invitation from a chap (John) lives in Stroud wants to do a climate emergency music event with an outreach focus in March. John has organised many of the musical gigs for XR in London. The idea being for there to be a gig in Stroud. Date and venue to be confirmed. Crucially, we are looking to people that are interested in helping with this event. Please contact us if you’re able to help John with this.
- Stroud District Council has a draft plan for consultation. It’s crucial that you provide feedback on what our council should be doing for or local environment.
- XR Samba Stroud have a group practice on alternating Tuesdays and Fridays. I can confirm that the band is sounding good and is a lot of fun. Please join their Facebook group if you’d like to get involved. Or you can speak to Andy about joining the WhatsApp group.
- Contacting our MP – if you wish to engage our new MP with environmental issues, please do so as a private individual rather than on behalf of XR. She has been advised to ignore XR enquiries.
- There will be a Spring fair organised by Landwise Saturday 25th April. Additionally, there will be events leading up to Earth Day on 22nd April which will mark the declaration of Stroud as an Earth Protector Community.
The consultation on the next rebellion date has concluded. We’re waiting on the results on this. More news in our upcoming meetings when we have confirmed dates.
Broke out into working groups to discuss the ideas from last weeks meeting. The idea being to agree what we’d like to progress and start up working groups for Stroud. Here are the areas of focus that we agreed:
Fossil fuel divestment (targeting banks, education, arts, pension funds etc)
Transport (inc expansions of roads and airports and car free cities)
Media (tell the truth, highlighting media bias, targetting distribution centres, climate column)
Community Outreach – (inc earthstrike, urban farming, working with other groups)
Strategy Change – Constructive not disruptive (connected to community outreach, positive community engagement}